Hi,

DH> That is not to say that v4 is perfect but it works quite well for
DH> what it was originally programmed - and it does not throw
DH> unexplainable errors at the user.

Good one.

If I wrote a report for every runtime error or other failure v4 is
giving me in daily use, you'd have trouble finding the few messages on
this list that did not originate from me.

DH> [as long as the program functions at all, which for v4 is not
DH> necessarily the case for IMAP].

You said it.

Please don't think that since you don't see too many issues with
limited use (as is POP3 only) that all is well with v4.

DH> A case in point is the - in my view completely superfluous - new
DH> 'hints', getting in the way instead of improving handling of TB.

At this point in time I couldn't care less if the vehicle that is v5
is sporting 500 PS or 550 PS. I'd be quite satisfied if it had four
wheels.

DH> Contemplate a potential new user of TB happening upon a program that
DH> constantly reports errors [...]

Which is the current v4. Thanks for proving my point.

--
MfG,
 Alto                            mailto:a...@treadstone79.de

 The Bat! 4.2.18 Christmas Edition