Dear Darzur,

@26-Jan-2011, 13:43 +0100 (26-Jan 12:43 here) Darzur [D] in
mid:mpg.27aa356a9d2bda3e989...@news.gmane.org said:

... <snip>
>> I can only dream of this functionality (sigh).

D> But it works perfectly in other aps. Even free Thunderbird does it
D> without any hassle.

Confirmed!! I do use ThunderBird in some virtual dev machines and
for testing MAPI functionality in software I write. It has no
problems like this.

>> Strangely enough, I see the opposite effect. I only get notification
>> of new messages at the instant I change to a different folder than
>> Inbox (or manually request new messages with F2 or the menu/toolbar
>> options).

D> Mybe you don't have "Automatically connect to the server -> At startup"
D> selected?

I do.

D> And maybe it's some problem with your mailbox. I'm using gmail
D> and it works as I've described.

I use GMail too, but not often. It seems to work ok, not that I get
more than two messages per month. My K-9 mail app on my Android
phone also has no such problems.

--
Cheers --  Marck D Pearlstone -- List moderator and fellow end user
TB! v5.0.0.132 BETA on Windows 7 6.1.7600