On Wed, 26 Jan 2011 16:05:53 +0200, Vilius Šumskas <vilius-
s1cezwje...@public.gmane.org> says...

> I think you are confusing IDLE with synchronization. It doesn't matter what
> folder you have selected, as long as your client syncs every 2 or 5 or ...
> minutes the new mail will arrive. It just a little  "slower" than waiting for
> IDLE.

No, synchronization isn't what I was writing about. During
synchronization email client have to poll server every defined period of
time. So first its not immediate unless I set very short (i.e. 1s)
synchronization period, and second it makes unnecessary network traffic
especially when synchronization period is short. Of course before 5.0 I
had to use synchronization because former TB vesions didn't support IDLE
mode. But now it works but not in the way I was expecting and not how
other clients (i.e. Thunderbird) works.

--
br,
Zurek