Hi Guys,

A   few   days  back  when  importing back-up file on my notebook (and
while  switching  from  5.0.8  to  5.0.10)  I  made  mistake  and have
selected  non  encrypted version. I couldn't find an option to convert
it to OTFE so I decided to uninstall TB! and install new copy.

At  the  beginning  I liked TB! remembered previous folder but after a
while   I   have  found that all my previously imported data are still
visible  in  TB!  despite of uninstalling TB! (unencrypted as prior to
uninstall).  After a few  trials I removed folder with e-mail manually
and   reinstalled  TB! again. But then it was not loading (process was
visible as running but nothing was happening).

Finally I had to manually clear Windows Register from everything that was
connected   to   TB!  (if  you  want  to  try edit it, please remember
to make a copy of register prior to modifying - just in case).

After  register  was  cleared  and data removed from HDD TB! installed
properly (and asked if it should be normal or OTFE).

My  question  here  is  if  not removing data nor clearing register is
something  that is supposed to happen while uninstalling?

If  so,  I  really can not imagine what  is the reason to do that. Nor
can imagine that most of users can do   that  by  themselves  manually
(especially that there was no information that this data are not going
to be erased). Is the manual work here really necessary?

I do not dare to ask any of the users to confirm the issue - it might be a bit
inconvenient to try.

RS

The Bat! 5.0.8
Windows7 Professional (x64) Polish (SP1)
OTFE Enabled ; so far only 3 POP3 accounts

The Bat! 5.0.10
Windows7 Ultimate (x64) English (SP1)
OTFE Enabled ; so far only 3 POP3 accounts