Hello all,
Sunday, May 8, 2011, Arjan de Groot wrote:

> Some examples of code left untouched:

> - Numbered Re in follow-up Subject lines. Like Re[1]:, Re[2]: etc.
> This is Beta! specific, non RFC behaviour. It breaks threading-by-
> subject in other mail clients. It's just as awful as the erroneously
> translated Av: Antw: subject prefixes of some old Outlook Express
> versions.

RFC can not contain anything what any developer implements and there is no
reason to remove feature which exists 10 years, BTW it is turned off by
default.

> - Initialized quote prefixes, like:

AdG>> quoted text.

> This is a non RFC compliant method of quoting and is not recognized by
> other mail clients.

again this is configurable by macro, so user can decide when use this
feature.

> - Message-ID url's. TB! uses <mid:localpart@server>, which is useless
> in other mail clients.

false, it is not used in headers.

And if other clients does not support it, this is reason to remove it from
TB? Why??

> It's these and other "features" like mugshots and betamoticons that
> lead me to believe that Beta! developers and chronical beta! list
> habituals alike are living in a world of their own and are impervious
> and hostile towards input from outside. Like I said before: it just
> behaves like some kind of sect.

You should comment something You understand and know about, somebody could
call You stupid. As I see, You are here to create flames only, You should
use another list instead. Thank You

--

Bye

Marek Mikus
Czech support of The Bat!
http://www.thebat.cz

Using the best The Bat! 5.0.12.1
under Windows 7 6.1 Build 7601 Service Pack 1
with MyMacros,XMP,AnotherMacros, AntispamSniper v 3.2.6.4
Notebook Thinkpad, Core2 Duo 2.40 GHz, 4 GB RAM