Hi Vilius,

> Again, if you are viewing your email on the computer which doesn't
> belong to you, you cannot guarantee it isn't read in any case. Even
> if your email is encoded, some rogue program can "grab" or "record"
> every window you open. Including the window content.

Of course.

The point is: After I turn in the machine (e.g. for a leasing
exchange) I don't want to leave anything on the machine. I can
"cancel" the saved login data by changing the password, but I can't
"remote-remove" the cache files once the machine is out of my direct
control.

> This is guarantied by IMAP protocol [...]
> If you are seeing incosistencies between your webmail account and
> your desktop email client, then your client or IMAP server is
> terribly broken.

Yes, I agree. But TheBat doesn't. And as long as it doesn't, from time
to time I need "direct server access" to check something or perform
maintenance. For that I use either webmail access, Thunderbird or
IMAPsize, all of which can do the task. But TheBat can't.

--
Mit freundlichem Gruß
Alto Speckhardt

TheBat v5.0.24