Some time around 7/30/2003 06:53:08, I think I heard Allie Martin say:
> So how about it? :) Will the v2 do away with this restriction?

Hello,

        IMHO, the interface gets messy when the configuration windows
are not modal (i.e. you loose focus of the configuration window and
have to play the "hunt that window" game with the task mngr or
CTRL+TAB or something :) Not to mention that it can cause some race
conditions between the regular interface and the options being edited,
so a lot more thought must be put in locking certain functions and not
others so that the interface is not "locked".  This might offer a nice
convenience for some limited, non critical functions, but the increase
in complexity and UI clumsiness might not be worth it.

        -dZ.

--
:[ DZ vs. THE WORLD]==- -- -  -

Hating anything, everything and everyone since 1996.

 Current beta is 1.63b11 | "Using TBBETA" information: