Hello Peter,
On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 04:59:39 +0100 GMT (21/12/2003, 10:59 +0700 GMT),
Peter Ouwehand wrote:
TF>> I understand it isn't available if you browse the directory. You can
TF>> download it when you have the direct link.
> I'm just a messenger. Don't shoot him/her.
Yours was the last posting in the thread when I replied... and you
offered all the arguments that I could get a hook on... so sorry, I
didn't mean you ("don't feel singled out..." <g>). It is Luga who made
the mistake of announcing that non-public URL, and maybe some users'
mistake who downloaded that version.
> Obviously members on here are not mature enough. Why else do messages
> about 'non-public' alphas/betas end up here ??
Right. ;-)
> Yes, indeed, another password. Either protect the web-site or simply
> mail it to those who are concerned.
I believe it was mailed by Ritlabs, but Luga chose to publish it. I
bet he/she didn't ask Ritlabs first, either. But that's just my guess.
TF>> I think this whole discussion here is moot. If a beta is not
TF>> officially announced here by Ritlabs, don't download it. Easy as that.
TF>> I won't, that's for sure. I think this was discussed here a year or
TF>> two ago at length,
> Could be, I'm not on here that long. Do you expect me to dig through the
> TBBETA archive from 2 years ago?
Nobody can expect that from you. It's in the list rules though, as
Marck already pointed out. Anyway, it was good we talked about it. Now
everyone is aware of it.
--
Cheers,
Thomas.
Moderator der deutschen The Bat! Beginner Liste.
"Never trust a dog to watch your food." - Patrick, age 10
Message reply created with The Bat! 2.02.3 CE
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
using a Pentium P4 1.7 GHz, 256MB RAM
________________________________________________________
Current beta is 2.03.10 | "Using TBBETA" information:
http://www.silverstones.com/thebat/TBUDLInfo.html