Hi Allie and list,

On Sunday, September 5, 2004 at 10:22:07 GMT -0500 (which was 17:22
where I live) Allie Martin wrote (at least in parts) and made these
valuable points on the subject of "NFS: Big question for 9Val":

> I've been reading this thread and am a convert this POV. Though the
> purity of MAU's proposed system is nice, it does seem to potentially
> create limitations. I now agree with the view that actions should be
> able to be applied to messages after they've been moved, however, not
> after they've been deleted. Neither should actions be applied to
> copies created and placed in another folder.

I could agree with your POV - just need a clarification for a point i
cannot understand:

What are several "MOVE"s in a row supposed to do: move _one_ and only
one message, or create several copies of the original message?

(Not considering if that is useful). I stumbled over this one, because
during testing the subfilters there was a point, where each SF acted
as if "continue with other filters" was marked, so several moves (one
for each SF) were carried out and I ended up with several copies of
the messages. (That bug is gone by now, luckily.)

--
Regards
Michael