Hi Mary Bull,

Saturday, October 30, 2004
you pointed the way by typing -at least in parts- :

> Well, I myself have gotten into trouble more than once, closing TB!
> when I didn't intend to.
I still cannot subscribe to its importance, but I understand that there
may exist the need for some users. Still wondering what trouble that
might have been which could not be cured by immediate restart... TB asks
if there are some tasks running (CC) or unfinished mail to be written.

> I'd like to keep the Default Window X closure.
So do I! The way any alternative would work for me is _not_to_bug me
with any boxes. For a moment let us suppose the regular user is fully
awake, got enough coffe to keep the eyes open and knows what he is doing
when clicking on an icon. Closing means closing. If it happened by
mistake, open TB again.

I first thought when I read
> An option to put TB in the systray when clicking that X would
> be appriciated here.
that a pop-up or something like that would start nagging me when trying
to exit TB.
I am getting more and more allergic to these unexpected pop-ups in the
center of my screen -where I have to move my cursor on to get them off
or press "esc" to close them. Just one more sensefree click to make, one
more unnecessary decision to make. I like shortcuts (like Alt+F4): fast,
efficient and not to be mixed up with any other unintended action an
unaware user may take.

> And have the optional behavior available for those who prefer it.

> Won't that work?
Of course that would work, maybe in options-settings- checkbox "closing
TB by [X] sends TB to tray, right clicking on its trayicon really ends it"
But the default factory presetting always should be the regular
behavior. Great compromise!

--
click mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] to reply :-)
:star:

 Current beta is 3.0.2.4 Rush | 'Using TBBETA' information: