Hello Gonçalo Farias & everyone else,

on 04-Dez-2004 at 10:31 you (Gonçalo Farias) wrote:

> Well, if I recall correctly, I purchase this software, I did not rent or
> leased it.

I think you purchased a license that allows you to use the software, and
not the software itself. Thats a difference. :)

> I personally prefer those kind of softwares where you buy it once and get
> a license for every future version. I purchased several softwares in this
> category.

Hmmmm. I know only two in my collection: Deliplayer and Total Commander,
and even the licenses of those two do not include a guarantee for free
future upgrades.

> In the category of those that must be 're-purchased' TheBat, TheBat
> Private Disk, among others. I bought this ones, because the price was
> fair but I'm not going to pay annual fees for sure.

You have to look at the "source" of this discussion... what has happened
since version 2...

1st of September 2003, v2 of TB was released and if you wanted to use it,
you had to pay an upgrade fee. 1st of September 2004, v3 was released and
you had to pay another upgrade fee. We're already paying per year, and I
want to add that I do NOT like that. An official "annual" fee would be a
more honest way of licensing, business ethics, that sort of thing.

> I would more easily go back to AK-Mail.

And be stuck with the uncertainty if and when a new version will come. I'm
an ex-AKMail User myself. Nothing against the programmer, but it is a hobby
project and lacks to many features... to be honest, there's no way to go
back.

 Alexander (http://www.neurowerx.de - ICQ 238153981)
 using TB! v3.0.2.8 on Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2

Deliplayer2 is playing: "Rotating Minds" by JFC
     from the 2000 album 'Ambient Diary III - CD 1'