Paul Van Noord wrote:
I'm curious. What do you say to the people who have a dead 2 year-old
who strangled himself by pressing the up button on the window with his
knee because his dad forgot to set the window lock?

First I'd ask why the 2 year old wasn't secured in a child seat while the car was powered on. And then I'd say the analogy is being carried to ridiculous lengths. Remote images in HTML emails don't quite have the capacity to kill young children. They might let a spammer know your email address is valid, but that's quite a different matter.

We're simply talking about building software that will allow the end user options as to how best the software can suit his/her needs. We're talking about letting the end user have the control, instead of the software manufacturer taking on a Microsoft-like "We know what is best for you" attitude.

Granted, there are many end users who will not know the ramifications of their choices. Buy why should my computing experience be diminished or made more inconvenient for no reason other than to prevent the stupid users from screwing things up?

--
Dave

________________________________________________________ Current beta is 3.0.9.1 Deep Alpha | 'Using TBBETA' information: http://www.silverstones.com/thebat/TBUDLInfo.html IMPORTANT: To register as a Beta tester, use this link first - http://www.ritlabs.com/en/partners/testers/