On Wednesday, May 4, 2005, 21:14, MAU wrote:

> Same here, Windows did shut down but I would not say TB did shut down
> _properly_. Why? It did shut down too fast and I didn't see it empty
> my Trash folders

This is a long standing issue. A few years ago, TB! shut down properly
under such circumstances, but that behaviour changed a long time ago. I
don't remember when, but I am certain it was not during this year. I
strongly believe, although I am not certain, that it was before 2004 as
well.

I've been on my way to report this several times, but never got around
to it. Partially because this behaviour suites my personal needs, I
don't want TB! to purge and compress if someone else shuts down my
computer while TB! is running, but I suppose it is not intended
behaviour so I suppose it should be "fixed".

> and, what is worse, it did not save the last changes I had done to the
> UI (i.e. folder tree column widths)

That makes a strong case for fixing this issue. I guess I'll have to
live with my folders occasionally being compressed when not intended to,
it's not important enough to accept the risk of loosing modified
settings.

--
Regards,
Marcus Ohlström

Using The Bat! v3.0.1.33 on Windows 2000 5.0 Build 2195 Service Pack 4
PGP Public Key at http://www.canit.se/~marcus/pgp.asc

 Current beta is 3.5 Return RC/1 | 'Using TBBETA' information: