Hi Alex,

>> v3.5 a piece of junk

Please do quote me in full and not distortingly.

ASK> I thought I'd already read you were switching to Mulberry a
ASK> couple of days ago ("Thats it"), why don't you do that then?

I did, but it turned out that Mulberry isn't quite right for me
either. Sending and receiving mail is working without any trouble and
in never before seen smoothness, but e.g. I couldn't make the viewer
display quotes when it wasn't "> Text" but "Initials> Text". Things
like that.

So I'm back.

(Please note the difference, however: Assuming that in fact what I
mentioned just cannot be done with Mulberry, and I didn't just miss
it, this is just a missing feature there. Too bad, but nothing to get
agitated about. The authors don't claim any other way. With TheBat,
however, it is claimed that some particulars work, while they just
don't. And here the authors don't comment it, they don't try to fix
it, they don't even admit it. That's a load of difference.)

Another point is that I'm expecting to get a broadband connection in
the near future. Since many of you report they are seeing problems
only on low bandwith connections, I'll definitly want to try TheBat
(v3.01 as well as v3.5) in this environment before making a big
switch.

ASK> Looks like something about this "piece of junk" keeps you using
ASK> it.

Now, that's wrong: I don't see anything positive in v3.5. I try to use
it on an experimental system, but only there. (After all, I could
hardly complain about problems if I hadn't tried it out in the first
place, could I?) Anything else does not appear possible at the moment,
I still need to use v3.01 from another machine to clean up the mess
v3.5 makes in the message base from the experimental machine.

I did and still do like TheBat up to v3.01 rather well, though. This
version I have never called junk, because apart from some
malfunctions, the "core" is stable as a rock and there are not many -
I personally can recall none that had happened to me at the moment -
bugs in it. If v3.5 had been the same quality, we wouldn't have this
discussion now, even if some malfunctions remained.

--
MfG,
 Alto                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

 Current beta is (none) | 'Using TBBETA' information: