Hello Martin,

On Thu, 19 May 2005 21:54:45 +0200 GMT (20/05/2005, 02:54 +0700 GMT),
Martin Schoch wrote:

>> Give me a hint here. I deleted HKCU/Software/RIT, reinstalled TB, but
>> I still have a problem. What other keys do I need to delete?

MS> Which sort of problem?

1.) When I open TB, the cursor changes into an hourglass as usual. But
then, when I expect TB to open, the cursor changes back to "normal".
Wait 10 to 30 seconds, and TB opens as usual.

2.) When checking mail, the download speed is dobule-digit. For
example 82 CPS instead of the usual 3000 or so. The problem is not my
internet connection, as the browser and the FTP client work with the
usual speeds. Also, I can see that TB downloads mails for a few
seconds, and then the DUN shows idle (no traffic) for a minute, and
then download of mails start again.

3.) This is not a problem with TB, because this problem started last
month when I stupidly installed something. But didn't change anything
in TB on that day.

4.) I completely uninstalled and reinstalled TB. No improvement. I
then restored my system to a date before that fatal install (thanks to
Mary for pointing out to me where that XP function is), and while I
suddenly had a much earlier version of TB (so my XP really went back
in time), the problem still persisted.

I have now undone the restore and am back in the present (even though
I just saw that I am now using 3.5RC9 instead of the release version,
but that's a minor issue).

So, my next idea is a complete Windows reinstall. Unless anybody has
another idea.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

What to not say to the nice policeman: Hey, can you give me another
one of those full body cavity searches?

Message reply created with The Bat! 3.5 Return RC9

 Current beta is (none) | 'Using TBBETA' information: