On 5/23/05, Gleason Pace <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Unplanned things happen in the registry sometimes.  This causes
> programs to act broken.  Even Microsoft can have this problem.
> Applying MS Office Service packs comes to mind.  Visual Studio too.
> The normal thing that most of us see is that the new TB 3.5 installed
> without a hitch.  There is no way RIT can know what might be lurking
> in your registry.  It takes a human eye to sort things out like that
> sometimes.

Okay, Gleason, but still MS Office Packs install automatically. I
mean, what am I supposed to do if there is something "lurking" in my
registry? I probably would not know what to look for and would only
find it after the installation went awry anyway. I imagine this is the
case with at least 90% of the people who upgraded to 3.0Pro. So why
not give us the automatic script to set up OTFE and then provide
support in case something goes wrong after that?

--
Avi Yashar
Windows XP Pro SP2 and The Bat! Pro 3.5

 Current beta is (none) | 'Using TBBETA' information: