Tuesday, May 31, 2005, 9:12:17 AM, you wrote:

> Hi Chris

> On Tuesday, May 31, 2005 9:27:11 AM you wrote:

>> Can anyone help with this bug that has been present for me during ALL
>> the 3.5 betas and the RC. I run a 3 pane window with message pre
>> viewing. If I double click on a message though it fails to open in a
>> full window, instead an EMPTY window is launched with No Message Loaded
>> shown. the same thing happens if I use the "Open" menu option. The only
>> way it works properly is if I de-select my folder view mode and select No
>> View Mode instead.

> Sorry can't confirm - over here it works normally. If you have done
> the "only way it works" - did you enable or disable the "View - Show
> message list" in the message view window?

>> The view mode that causes the problem is shown in the attachment.
>> Thanks, really struggling to understand this one.

> I entered such a view mode - works ok over here - well it takes time
> until the message is opened - I have about 23'000 message in this
> folder.

Done some more experimenting. The offending view mode has a filter set
to show ONLY messages that are NOT read. I am wondering if the time
element in opening the full view pane is allowing the message to be
marked as read? Disabling this single filter to a state of no filters
being present, but with all the same same view mode attributes still
being present allows the full window to open correctly with the message
text shown. But that isn't what I want... ;(

Cheers Martin for the reply.

 Chris Wilson
                           The Bat 3.5.23 on Windows 2000 5.0 Build Number 2195
Service Pack 4