Hello Natasha!

On Monday, June 27, 2005, 12:42 AM, you wrote:

>>> I wanted to recant my earlier acceptance, and in so doing I made
>>> it more difficult than it should have been for Maxim to notice my
>>> report.

>> But, at least you did recant!

> Absolutely. I felt I'd jumped the gun with my original post and
> wasn't prepared to let it stand uncorrected.

Well, we like to let the developers know that the newest-offered beta
is at least up and running. :) I posted right away that I was having
no problems, just as you did. I don't run any plug-ins, or any
anti-spam software whatsoever. And, I don't have the habit of looking
in the directory each time I change versions.

I may now just take a peek there before posting "all is well." :)

>> So--even though I imposed on our friendship, Natasha, by citing
>> your post--I appreciate immensely the sweet spirit in which you
>> have replied to my comment.

> Fear not. I didn't interpret it by any means as an imposition. It
> was no more than the truth, after all. And you also pointed out my
> work in finding the problem in the first place, which I took rather
> as a compliment.

I meant it so. Natasha "Sharp Eyes," I thought, as soon as I saw your
second post in re 3.5.31.

>>> BTW, anyone have a handy macro to quote one message but reply to
>>> the initiator of the thread to which it belongs?
>> I hope you will get a response to this. I would find such a macro
>> handy, also.

> I'll probably try to create one myself if no-one already has such a
> thing. When I get the time, that is.

:)

> [Snipped my assessment of TB's complexity, etc.]

>> Thanks--it makes quite a few things clearer to me.

> Glad it helped. I find many programmers new to Windows and/or
> object-oriented programming take a long time to get used to this
> mode of thinking, so I thought it worth mentioning here. Back in the
> 'good' old days, programs used to be like the Roman army: lots of
> lines of code and subroutines all marching in one direction. So it
> was easy to see when one line was out of step. Nowadays, programs
> are more like busy traffic systems, with many independent pieces of
> code all trying to get where they want to go without killing other
> bits of code on the way.

This is even better than your "watermelon" story!! :)

>>> Agreed. Detail is as valuable in questions as it is in answers.

>> Very well put! May I steal that beautifully coined aphorism as a
>> tag line? :)

> Thank you - and feel free. :)

:bearhug:

Mary
The Bat 3.5.0.31 on Windows XP 5.1 2600 Service Pack 2

Detail is as valuable in questions as it is in answers.