Hi Keith,

On Wednesday, 29 June 2005 at 07:29 AM you (Keith Russell) wrote:

> I'm still on version 3.0.9.13. One reason that I have never
> upgraded this version and completely stopped using The Bat! some
> time ago is that it is unusable due to a constantly recurring
> error message.

Since you are a IMAP user I would strongly recommend to update to the newest
beta version. Really, you *must* do this. ;-)

> An error occurred while reading the message base ...\Fastmail
> (IMAP)\55DBCDFF.TBB. Do you want to repair the message base now?

This error message is a bit silly, perhaps we need to discuss these messages
in IMAP accounts in general with the developers. Everything is on the server
and when there is something corrupt in the message base, than TB! should just
fetch the needed informations from the server.
9Val, Maxim - thinking of implementing this feature or is it silly?

> I have tried clicking Yes and repairing the file, but it doesn't
> help. Every few seconds, this message pops up, making it
> impossible to work.

Annoying...

> Can someone tell me the best way to deal with this? Since this is
> IMAP, can I just delete the TBB file and let TB rebuild it?

Yes, you can. You can do this on the file system with your favorite explorer
or just use TB!. That's what I would recommend.
Right-click on the folder where this file belongs to, navigate to "Properties"
and select "Delete cache". I hope and think this option is given in your
version. Seeing your description the file we're are talking about has to be
in the inbox, right?

After the cache is deleted, TB! will fetch the whole message information from
the server and everything should be back to normal.

Nevertheless, please *do* thinking about to update to the newest version. IMAP
has made big efforts since the version you're using and you probably would be
sad having not updated earlier. ;-)

--
Manuel, http://www.manuel-breitfeld.de