Hello Paul Van Noord & everyone else,

on 11-Jul-2005 at 19:17 you (Paul Van Noord) wrote:

> In my experiences defaulting to OE file format reaches more people. IMAP
> users are more inclined to be corresponding with Outlook users.

So it should be configurable how attachments are sent, as I've already
said.

> Always attempting to provide interoperability with M$ is not valuable
> IMO. We need more people with courage to educate and change the M$
> stranglehold if we are to improve. At this point, all of my customers are
> now using OpenOffice 2 or WordPerfect 12 and they are very happy about
> it. As long as we keep licking M$ boots instead of offering a better
> alternative we sentence ourselves to a lot more boot licking.

It is good to think like that. We have our small business customers that
are using Firefox, OpenOffice, Opera, etc. etc. without any problems, too.
And I'm very happy about that. That doesn't change the fact that everyone
is still using an MS operating system, but thats a different story. :-)

But, reality is different sometimes. I'm not in the position to change the
behaviour and software usage of our big corporate customers, or big
retailers were we buy our products from. They use MS because everyone uses
it (and they have the least problems with exchanging documents, mails,
etc.) - so they get it. I don't have a word about their decision. If you
can't provide your docs and mails in an MS compatible format, you have a
problem.

If I forward an HTML mail in .EML format and they can't open it with a
doubleclick (and they can't, because Outlook Express is simply not there),
I'll get a friendly mail back that I should resend my stuff in a readable
format. I'm not the guy to start an idealistic argument about the MS
stranglehold and whatnot at that point, and neither would you.

 Alexander (http://www.neurowerx.de - ICQ 238153981)

 Current beta is 3.51 | 'Using TBBETA' information: