On Thursday, August 25, 2005, at 06:06 AM, Paul Van Noord
wrote:

> It seems to me that server-side filtering should be the primary method
> of filtering and only client-side sub-filtering when truly necessary.

Correct! This is what I do and I've been without performance issues
for a long time. Only the odd message or so requires a TB! filter.

> If all the filtering is done on the client one of the major advantages
> of IMAP is ignored. Server-side filtering _has_ to be much more
> efficient.

Indeed it is. Not to mention the fact that it saves you the trouble of
having to maintain multiple filter sets across multiple TB! or other
client installations.

> Since IMAP adds another management layer it becomes real
> important to understand and properly implement the filters on both
> sides. Your approach to this seems the most logical to me.

Agreed.

--
-= Curtis=-
Using TB! v3.60.02 Forerunner (Beta)

 Current beta is 3.60.03 forerunner | 'Using TBBETA' information: