Hi Vili,

on  Wed, 31 Aug 2005 13:43:01 +0200GMT (31.08.2005, 13:43 +0200GMT here),
you wrote:

PM>>> when I start the newest beta while online, it closes by itself after
PM>>> receiving messages. Only here?
>> It looks like I found the culprit, and it was not The Bat!.

V> It was...

>> I  checked  each  account  manually  and  with one, always the same,
>> account  TB!  closed. It was my usenet account that usually receives
>> only   spam.   I  checked  with  mail  dispatcher  and  found  three
>> EBay/PayPal spoof mails, which I deleted. Now periodical checking or
>> <alt>+<F2> work as expected. *Sigh of relief*! :))

V> You should have saved those mails somehow to examine them... (I dont
V> blame you, I would have deleted them in the first place.)

Yes, you're right. I should have downloaded them with, e.g.,
Thunderbird to see what might make The Bat! choke. But I was too eager
to get rid of them... At least I have an idea now where to look, if it
were to happen again.

V> But it points out that the mail download is buggy somewhere...

somewhere, sometimes, yes...

--
Cheers
Peter

The Bat! v3.60.07 :beta: on Win2K, SP4, 5, 0, build 2195,
AMD Athlon 2200+ at 1794 MHz, 512 MB RAM

 Current beta is 3.60.07 forerunner | 'Using TBBETA' information: