Hello, MikeD.

You wrote 04.10.2005 @ 2:01  in <mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  using mailer: The Bat! (v3.61.09 Echo (Beta)) Home

>>> I guess this is really to the creators of BayesIt and Bayes Filter,
>>> but what the heck is going on here. I have two computers, one
>>> running BayesIT and the other Bayes Filter and I have had to quit
>>> using them both as they are now starting to classify more good
>>> e-mail as bad than it actually catches spam.

M2> Have you tried adjusting your 'threshold'?  I have been using BayesIt
M2> and have not had that problem.

No. Believe me, the problem exists. since both filters - my BayesIt and the
Bayes Filter use so-called "naive" bayesian method, they are under the problem
of "overtraining". AFAIK the K9 creators use some solution to fight against it,
and it is only the matter of time when such solution will be realized in the
mentioned filters.

--
Sincerely,
 Alexey.

 Current beta is 3.61.09 (Echo) | 'Using TBBETA' information: