Hello Ian,

On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 14:00:49 +1100 GMT (11/12/2005, 10:00 +0700 GMT),
Ian A.White wrote:

MM>> We have some reports from corporate users that being able to drag
MM>> and drop messages to outbox folder and have them sent is a
MM>> potentially very dangerous feature for corporate users.

IAW> I am still trying to work out what the danger is.

The danger in the corporate world is that messages get sent again and
it looks unprofessional. "You already send me the information last
week, why are you sending it again?". I cannot come up with a bigger
danger, but maybe there is. While I haven't experienced a problem like
that, I can imagine that others have.

IAW> As far as I am concerned, it should be ON by default.

You mean, the feature (blocking the Outbox) should be OFF by default,
don't you?

IAW> As an example, there are many occasions when it is necessary to
IAW> re-send a message and the simplest way to do this is to copy it
IAW> from the Sent Mail folder to the Outbox and re-send it.

Yes, yes, I use it the same way too. I agree the default should be as
it is now, which I understand to be OFF.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible
worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true.

Message reply created with The Bat! 3.63.06 (Beta)