Hello Mary Bull & everyone else,

on 08-Okt-2006 at 23:35 you (Mary Bull) wrote:

>> As long as I haven't made any changes to the message body, I can
>> change the recipient, and the template will change with it. So I
>> assume you had already begun typing the actual message, and then
>> changed the recipient.

> Well you are right, but I had only glanced down into the message body
> and seen that the greeting said "Hello ssis," so I put my sister's
> name in there. Only then did I glance up and see in the To field only
> the one word "ssis." As I told before, I did a back-space, tabbed
> down, the address went in,

I just tried to reproduce this. Even when I move into the message editor
and haven't made any changes (not a single keystroke) and then go back
to the header pane to change the TO field, the new template is applied.
Maybe you accidentally typed something (even if its only one letter +
backspace to delete it again).

> You're correct. But both you and Paul are missing the issue that is
> meaningful to me, here.

Oh, I understand the problem, but I see no way around it. Either the
already existing message body (if any changes were made) is preserved,
or the template is applied again, clearing the editor window.

Maybe there should be some sort of notification window, something like:
"Warning - the TO address uses a different message template than the one
that was initially applied. Do you want to discard any changes in the
editor and apply the new template? <YES/NO>"

 Alexander (http://www.neurowerx.de)

Lubarsky's Law of Cybernetic Entomology: There's always one more bug.