Thursday, August 23, 2007, 4:09:06 AM, you wrote:

> Hello Indie_Dev,

> Thursday, August 23, 2007, 12:06:17 AM, you wrote:

>> And if I breached anonymity and told the list who I was, you'd know
>> that apart from being a highly trained and well respected developer,
>> that I'm probably the _last_ person you'd want to be messing with
>> at the personal [attack] level. So please, just don't do that. It is
>> uncalled for and there is no reason for it.

> By all means, please do. Personally I don't care who you are and what are you
> doing. I think -though I could be wrong- the same stands for the other members
> of the list.

Indeed

> You've made some points. Personally I think that all are valid, though I don't
> especially care about "Received" date since there is "Created" that can do the
> job. You wrote -and I believe you- that no other program works this way. Well,
> The Bat is working this way and you should deal with it.

Absolutely. If I chose not to deal with it, I wouldn't be using TB! So
of course I can deal with it. As I mentioned before, my pointing out
what I personally perceive to be inconsistencies perhaps will reach
the devs and cause them to look at it from a different perspective.
Which is what a Beta program is for. Some people on this list don't
seem to think so.

> But let's talk about the "Received" date. You made a point -and it's valid-
> that the mail is received once so The Bat! shouldn't mess around with it.
> Maybe there should be an "X-Imported Date" or some other X-header. Well, I
> agree with you.

No matter how many times I've posted that, some folks here (who have
this feeling that this list is their personal battleground, rather
than a forum for the sharing of ideas) just want to discount my
opinions and findings, while resorting to personal attacks.

> However there is another view point. The imported mail is Received in the The
> Bat's internal mail database and I think that's what on developers mind. I
> disagree with this but this doesn't invalidate this view. It's a matter of
> taste. I conceive it as little harmless quirk and I dealt with it since a)
> there is a work around (the creation date) and b) it's a minor nuisance
> considering all the powerful functionality of The Bat!

I agree with you. Again - and I've said this before - my opinion has
nothing to do with telling the devs how they should develop their
program. If they choose to do something one way and I can't deal with
it, well, thats what competition is about. I'll switch again. If I find
a showstopper that causes me to quit using it, the end result is what
always happen. I'll mention it on my blog, it will get read - millions
and millions of times. Then everyone even thinking of switching email
programs will then get to decide (after reading my documentation of the
anomaly) if they want an email program, in this case TB!, manggling their
email and screwing up their otherwise perfectly normal views. My guess
is that the widespread common sense of those who value their email,
will overshadow the close minded thinking of a few people on this list
(and the devs) who think that its OK to do it that way.

In fact, I'm going to write about it in my next blog article and see
how that goes. That way, the gist of it goes out into the wild and
everyone will get to read the consensus via the respondents.

> However since you do care about that you should post it on bugtrack and if
> people agree with you they should vote to fix it. I would vote!

I thought it was already there!

> Your other point, about the Delete All is also valid. You need to create a
> bugtrack entry.

OK

> The purpose of this list is mainly the discussion of betas. While the
> discussion of RFCs fall rather to the General List, the people who actually
> *care* are here so in this spirit TBBETA *IS* the place to discuss this.
> However, no matter how many megabytes of e-mail is exchanged RFCs are NOT
> going to be implemented unless there is a bugtrack entry. So, since you are a
> developer I presume you appreciate the importance of tools like bugtrack,
> please make an entry and let the people vote.

Absolutely.

Congrats on a well written post btw

--
cheers,