Hello Gleason,

>> - RSS support

> But these are needs that can be filled many other ways, and are not
> really part of doing email well.  They don't really add value to an
> email client as some others have found.  Instead they add unnecessary
> complexity, and opportunity for program error.  What happens as the
> old timers become ornate and enlarged, is that newcommers pop up
> saying, hey look at us, we are simple, easy and quick.  Those
> attributes, along with design excellence are the real virtues.

I agree with you that it is not necessarily a function of an e-mail
program. But why do you think many e-mail clients are not successfull
anymore? I guess because the people see that integrated functions
offer more values.

I use a separate news client. When I want to send mails it always is a
little bit messy - and more when you have to use more than one
e-mail-client on a computer. So I manually have to copy paste to send
a mail from news. What happens when there is an attachment. Okay, I
have to save it and add it. Not very nice.

The same for RSS feeds. I use "Great News" which is working fine for
me. However I can't store it in the same place like mails. When doing
some search you can file articles in special folders like mails you
got for the search... So, basically I think that this functionality
should come closer together.

I think the vision must be to have one program for similar data.

From security point of view there is no problem in my eyes. Ritlabs
need not to write an own browser or whatever. Simply use the existing
ones. (And please - don't use IE for showing webpages.)

>> - Archiving Functionality (files with a special age are archived to
>> one or more new datastore files). However it should be possible to
>> have a view avaialble where you can see archived and non-archived
>> mails. For me it also would make sense to split archives for special
>> values (e.g. that you have one archive file per year or so).
> But ultimately, Rit isn't offering a list, and isn't asking for
> suggestions.

That's true. However the success of Rit is when they have satisfied
users. And I think it is correct to ask the users (existing ones and
new ones) what they want and what they need. What I don't want to see
is that "The Bat" also gets open source or even closed because the
selling isn't enough...

And there is another point: when they put more new functions - I think
the (IMHO) stupid discussion of a free upgrade is gone.

 Martin                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]