Gleason wrote:

>TB is the pick, because it is the most well developed Imap
>implementation with the most configurable interface, with tolerable html
>in email display.  It is true that Mulberry's Imap is more complete, but
>I don't find it more trouble free.

TheBat!'s IMAP handling is crude and unpredictable. I would never trust
it in a production environment. The HTML display is not tolerable until
we have the choice to display images.

>It seems to me that the real issues that TB must confront right now, as
>a commercial product, are the successes of Thunderbird and Gmail.
>Thunderbird succeeds, it seems to me, primarily on the basis of flash
>and glitter.  It's email handling tools are years behind many others,
>which is natural since it has had a lot less time to develop them.

Thunderbird is what I chose to put my company on. The IMAP
implementation is great. It is not complete, but average users won't
notice unless they want to drag out the RFC :). At least I can save my
sent mail to my IMAP sent items box, I can rely on the counters, I can
leave it on as long as I want and it won't hang, I can filter my account
and my number one pet peeve..... I can mark items as deleted and they
don't disappear from the inbox (when we used TB! this was the number one
trouble call, accidental deletion) with Thunderbird, it is just lined
through, the user can right click and undelete, no more hysterical
calls. undelete is possible in TheBat!, it just isn't intuitive to the
average user, gone is gone to them. :)

As others have pointed out, we were promised IMAP in v2, we still do not
have a production ready IMAP client. I would move my company back over
to TheBat! in a heartbeat if IMAP was working and reliable. But I won't
even use it for my personal IMAP account at home.

Sorry if the formatting is off in this e-msil, I am at a friends house
using Fastmail's web interface...

--
Mike