Hello MAU,

On Thu, 3 Jan 2008 15:01:55 +0100 GMT (03/01/2008, 21:01 +0700 GMT),
MAU wrote:

>> If A sends to B, or B sends to A, and they CC to you, both are now
>> covered by Incoming filters.

M> Of course, but where do the two messages end up? To answer the question
M> you just have to be as dumb as computers are and do exactly what the
M> code (filter conditions and actions) tell you.

Yes.

M> If the filters are:
M> - If From: A .OR. To: A, move to folder A.
M> - If From: B .OR. To: B, move to folder B.

M> Do they end up in the same folder, yes or no?

That depends on the order of your incoming filters, and has nothing to
do with outgoing filters.

You are not getting my point: Incoming and Outgoing filters are
seperate entries in the filter trees now. My suggestion is to be able
to combine them. However, a message cannot be both incoming and
outgoing at the same time... am I repeating myself?

Condition: Message contains Header [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Action: Move to folder Mycontact.

Apply to:
[X] Incoming messages (those are messages that I receive)
[X] Outgoing messages (those are messages that I send)

It is a big difference whether I send a message or receive a message.
How can this be so difficult to understand? The difference between
incoming and outgoing is there now, the only suggestion is to have the
filter monitor both incoming and outgoing messages, which are only two
different functionalities for the same conditions. You will have to
show me a message that can be both incoming and outgoing at the same
time to understand your line of thinking that there is a conflict.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to
please everybody. - Bill Cosby

Message reply created with The Bat! 4.0.0.5 (ALPHA)