Hello Goncalo,

> Maybe I wasn't clear enough. Another image to clarify.
>
> Even  when  I  select  a  closed thread the shortcut is and always was
> CTRL+V and MOVES the ENTIRE thread to another folder.

I think I know where our mutual misunderstanding comes from. You are
'threading by Subject', aren't you? If so, I have always maintained that
it should be called 'grouping by Subject' to avoid misunderstanding and
because only threading by Reference display _proper_threads_. Actually,
when threading by subject, as I assume you are doing, if you select the
first message of the thread (which is actually only the name (subject)
of the group) and you hit the Delete key you get the following warning:

---------------------------
Delete messages
---------------------------
The selection contains groups. Do you really want to delete them?
---------------------------
Sí   No
---------------------------

which, as you can see, refers to *groups*.

Now, if you are threading by Subject (like I am assuming you do), then
you are darn right and Ctrl+V does move the entire group in 3.99.29 and
it doesn't in 4.0.0.7.

But that is only if you are threading by subject and you select the
'name of the group'. If you select any actual message in the group, only that
message is moved.

When threading by Reference, like I do in 99.99% of my folders, then
Ctrl+V does only move the first message of the thread (if that's the one
selected), and this is so in 3.99.29 and 4.0.0.x.

Now, no matter if threading by Subject or by Reference, if you select
ANY message in a thread (or group) and you use Shift+Ctrl+V, the entire
thread (or group) will be moved. And this was so in 3.99.29 and still is
so in 4.0.0.7.

With all of this, my opinion is that the behaviour in 3.99.29 (and
previous?) when using Ctrl+V on the name of a group was the buggy one,
and that it is working correctly now. It's just my opinion.

Miguel A. Urech (El Escorial - Spain)
Using The Bat! v3.99.29 on Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 2