Hi BatGroup,

I think I have resolved the slow mail issue, at least it appears so.  When
cleaning up TB trying to
determine why mail processing was so slow, I had had deleted two add-in's
previously
(MyMacros,Shell) but somehow they did not get removed. Going through the
Options/Preferences
settings one last time, I noted that the two add-in's were back. So I deleted
them again, restarted
TB and checked to make sure they were gone..they were.  Checking mail, normal
reading speed had
returned, although receiving still appears  slower that other clients
(Outlook,Thunderbird,Eudora,etc). I'm not sure which of
the two add-in's would be impacting mail processing so negatively but it
appears one or both were
the reason mail was so slow.

I have the MsgCenter visible during receiving and will test to see if having
inactive will speed up the process. What other options impacts receiving and
posting mail to the
folders and subsequent reading??

I think I can put this one away now...:'(

Thanks for all the suggestions and help from everyone who responded...

--
Kyle

TheBat! 4.0.14.2
Windows XPPro 5 1 Build 2600 SP2