Hello, Stefan.

You wrote 10.09.2003 @ 16:30  in <mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  using mailer The Bat! (v2.00.6)

ST> Dear All,

ST>   Phew... Writing API documentation is definitely a hard task for me :-)

Agree... :)

ST>   OK, here it is - the first version of TB! CP API for your comments.
ST>   Attention C++ programmers - C calls were merely converted but not
ST>   tested, so please verify that all definitions are correct.
ST>   I tried to make everything clear, but if there are some uncovered
ST>   issues and concerns, please post them here.

Some notes about the API:

,----- [ from TBP_Setup description ]
| The TBP_Setup can be called by The Bat! only if the TBP_ConfigNeeded returned
| AVC_OK. The handle of the calling window can be retrieved by the GetActiveWindow
| Win32 API function
`-----

AVC_OK didn't defined! May be change to "...if the TBP_ConfitNeeded returned
zero."

,----- [ from TBP_SetConfigData description ]
|      C++:               int WINAPI TBP_SetConfigData(void* ABuf, int ABufSize);
|
|      Object Pascal:     function TBP_SetConfigData (const ABuf; ABufSize: Integer):
|                         Integer; stdcall;
`-----

in Object Pascal description: first arg "const ABuf" sounds quite suspicious.
May be "var ABuf"?

Also, for C++ description it would be safer to define it as (const void* ABuf...)

ST>   We are planning to make some additions to the API soon. Please post
ST>   your suggestions about which plug-in slot should be implemented
ST>   next.

I have at least two suggestions about it:

1. It would be good to have a possibility from TBP_GetSpamScore to add a custom
header into regarded letter, for example "X-spam: ..." or etc (or change the
header, if it is already present in the letter). This will be useful to filter
the messages later using regular The Bat! sorting office, and safe to the
integrity of the letter RFC format. (Of course, it would be ideal if the filter
would change anything in the message, but it isn't so safe).

2. About TBP_FeedSpam - it would be good, if The Bat! will call this function
itself according to "Move to junk folder" threshold, basing on integral grade of
all filters installed. In this case this function will necessary to be called
manually for wrongly graded letter, but not to every one received.

And finally: do you agree if I translate the API into Russian?

--
Sincerely,
 Alexey.

   mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]