hggdh writes:

> Select the account you want the certificate to be used, then go to
> Account/Properties, Click on "Edit Personal Certificate", then select
> Import.
>
> You should be all set.

Thanks; it seems to work.

I'm not clear on how TB picks certificates, though.  When I attached my
key to the account, and opened a message encrypted for me, TB said I had
no matching certificates (the message was in a different folder by then,
not in the account inbox).  When I added an address book entry for
myself in the address book and attached the certificate, TB found it
when I opened the message.  So just exactly where does it look?

Also, is it better to use the Microsoft crypto or the built-in TB crypto
for S/MIME?  I notice that the built-in crypto displays only the keys
actually installed in TB when I encrypt or sign, but if I select the
Microsoft crypto TB displays every available key when I encrypt or sign
(which is a bit troublesome, since I have dozens of expired keys and it
clutters things up considerably).

--
Anthony
Using The Bat! v3.0.1.33 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600