Hello Anthony,

Saturday, October 30, 2004, 16:53:06, you wrote:

AGA> hggdh writes:

>> There are some strong restrictions on the internal implementation re.
>> encryption algorithms (it seems TB! will only support RC2 (128bits),
>> 3DES(156 bits) or IDEA (128 bits). On the other hand, it is all done
>> by TB!...  These are not bad encryption options; but using the
>> Microsoft API you would probably have these, plus a series of others.

AGA> Unless I'm not mistaken, though, the Microsoft crypto doesn't give me
AGA> any ability to choose the algorithms I want.

Yes, you can. Go to Options/SMIME, and set it to Microsoft API. You
can then select a provider (CSP), and the preferred encryption
algorithm.

Interestingly, I expected to see EAS there -- it is not. There are
some options, but it is not that different re. the internal.

--

 ..hggdh..

Using The Bat! v3.0.2.4 Rush and BayesIt! 0.7.4 on Windows 2000 5.0 Build  2195
Service Pack 4