Dear K,

@2-Feb-2005, 07:41 -0600 (02-Feb 13:41 UK time) K. Shantanu [KS] in
mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

... <snip>
KS> takes quite a while to close The Bat!. It shows "Compressing folders"
KS> for more than a couple of mins.
KS> Is there any way to get around this suitation?

The best way I find is to only compress the essential folders on exit
and do the rest manually as a housekeeping exercise say once a week.

Essentials are Inbox, Outbox and Sent. Do this by turning off the
"Account properties ... Options ... Compress all folders on exit"
option and then, for each of the folders I have mentioned, turn on the
"Folder properties ... compress on exit" option.

--
Cheers --  //.arck D Pearlstone -- List moderator and fellow end user
TB! v3.0.2.10 on Windows XP 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2