hiyall,

>   * Britt Malka <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [050202 08:56]:
KS> Thanks all for the tip. I will indeed remove Compression and see for
KS> speed difference.
KS> Is there any chance with using the compression facility (even a remote
KS> chance) that I might lose data in any case?

yes, there is! especially with heavy frequented and large mailboxes...
well, at least there was a substantial chance of the mailbox getting
corrupted some times ago... (I changed my behaviour and that of our
users to regularly compress and purge the inbox those times, so we did
not see any more of those problems for a long perios - of course I
cannot tell, if this may have improved with The Bat's development, if
we hadn't)

I definitely would recommend _not_ to keep loads of mail in the Inbox
as this will be growing even further day by day... what you like to
keep, you should move to some other folder - when there is no much
change in it, you can save the time for compression each day and do
this on a sparse basis manually, but the Inbox should be cleaned up
frequently!

--
kind regards, Shalom
NOrbert