On Mon 11-Jul-05 8:45am -0500, alien wrote:

> I'm trying to detect emails that have hidden http links to dangerous
> files (scr, exe, etc) in HTML documents . Here are two examples:

> href=3D"http://www.swedx.com/catalog/includes/languages/espanol/images/ca=
> rdwelcome1903703446A8994.scr"
>
> After reading TB! helpfiles I thought of a filter, something like
> this:
>
> <message source> matches all as Regex <http://.*\.scr>
> action <Set color group to> "Virus Warning"

Matching All should work with a list of one but why
chance it :-)  Just use Match.  Also both examples have
a `"` after the naughty extension, not a `>`.

Try this as your regex - the (?s) will cause lines to
be spanned: the (?: ... ) is a non-capturing
subpattern - everything else looks good:

(?s)http://.*\.(?:scr|exe|etc)"

If that fails you, could you send one of those messages
as an attachment?

--
Best regards,
Bill

Beta 3.51 Pro  BayesIt! 0.8.1  X-Ray 1.4.0.0  XMP 0.9.6  XP Pro SP2  POP3