On Wed 13-Jul-05 12:52am -0500, alien wrote:

> Wednesday, July 13, 2005, 12:23:23 AM, you wrote:

>> I posted my test filter - just paste it in you incoming
>> mail filter (right click on Incoming mail and choose
>> paste) and change the destination of the move.

> Ok, tried that and it didn't work for me. Thanks anyhow.

Still works here :-)

>> Also you could post your filter here by right clicking
>> on it, select copy and paste it to an email.  That way
>> we can see what went wrong.

> Here it is:
> $$$$ TB! Message Filter $$$$
> beginFilter
> UID: [08C75694.01C5864D.75AA9327.19757FC8]
> Name: Virus\20Warning
> Filter:
> {\0D\0A\20`6`2`\22http:/2F/2F[^\22]*/5C.(?:scr|exe)\22\0D\0A}
> Tag: virus
> SetColour 839153343
> IsContinue
> IsActive
> Ignore
> endFilter

I tried it out - works fine.  When I tried it on each
of the nasty emails you sent.  Test Filters dialog
returned:

    ---------------------------
    Test results
    ---------------------------
    Processed by: Virus Warning. Actions performed:
    Set colour group to "<Generic Group>"
    ---------------------------
    OK
    ---------------------------

>> You can see the log with Account->View Log (or
>> shift+ctrl+a).  You can see what gets triggered by a
>> message by right clicking on it and choose Test
>> Filters.
>
> Ok, at least it's easier to test. I get "messages processed 1" and
> "messages filtered 0". The test is working :-))

What was that from?  The Test Filter returns a dialog
box with contents like above.  You make sure Incoming
was the box checked, right?

When I redirected one of your nasty emails to myself,
the log file showed (on two lines):

7/13/2005, 20:52:55:
    FETCH - Received message from [EMAIL PROTECTED],
    size: 4042 bytes, subject: "[SPAM] Olá, você me conhece ?"
7/13/2005, 20:52:55:
    FETCH - received message from [EMAIL PROTECTED] (4042 bytes)
    (processed by "Virus Warning"), URL: ...

> Could it have something to do with the Character Set? My OS is in
> Portuguese and I've installed the English version of TB!.

I doubt it, but anything is possible.  I also have the
US setup of TB! and I am processing your Portuguese
emails - they even show the cut little decorations on
the 'a' and 'e'.

--
Best regards,
Bill

Beta 3.51 Pro  BayesIt! 0.8.1  X-Ray 1.4.0.0  XMP 0.9.6  XP Pro SP2  POP3