Hi, all,
On 24/09/1999, at 22:32,
Steve Lamb (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])
took a mike and sang on a blues tempo:

SL> Friday, September 24, 1999, 1:05:30 PM, Arunas wrote:
>>  I,  sure, am aware that it takes ALOT less resources when BCCing addresses.
>> However,  as I told before, _I_ am getting only ~5% of spam this way.

SL>     *sigh*  Does your experience as a user counter mine as a postmaster of an
SL> entire domain for 6 months?  Where I monitored a system that moved, I would
SL> wager, 100k messages per day?  Did you have a filtering system on said domain
SL> in place that blocked 5-10k spam per day?
May be not, but it seems that *he* has 95% of spam different than
yours :)

>> Today, with leased line, sending 50MB of info is matter of minutes, if not
>> seconds, therefore this is not and couldn't be a problem.

SL>     That is not how a spammer operates.
Do you think all the spammers *must* operate the same way ?
That is not haw your spammers operate, but, well, why an other one
couldn't do that ?

SL> Incidentally, the 10-20
SL> pieces I see per day across all my accounts, very few are directly addressed.
SL> Please, just trust me on this.
Why does someone may not trust you ? You've nothing to earn lying, I
think, and your "<teacher cap>" post proved that you know the point.
But why don't you trust the others ?
Do you think there's any interest for Arunas in writing fairies about
the kind of spams *he* get ?

SL> While you're talking your experience I am
SL> talking about my job for 6 months and my continuing involvement in the
SL> industry spammers exploit.
So *I* trust his experience *and* yours. They are different. What's
the matter ?

SL>     I had to, and do know how spammers operate, what the technical side of
SL> the matter is, what measures are being taken and the relative strengths and
SL> weaknesses of each.
I'm very sure of that.
Don't you think there is at least *one* spammer in the whole world,
who knows that better than you ;-)

Claude.
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Thought of the day (randomly french or english)
Seul l'impensable peut être créé - Maître Claude.