Hallo Claude,

On Saturday, September 25, 1999, 11:28:18 AM, Claude wrote:

C> As you could see under my sign, I, and some other of us, put my
C> (their) private e-mail address in the post text, to make private
C> e-mail easier. This is *not*, at this time, hidden in the archive.

C> I thought in two way for avoiding spamming uses of this security
C> weakness :

C> 1- Software removing of anything like "[EMAIL PROTECTED]".
C> 2- Access control of the archive URL : members get a password, others
C> are kept away.

As Paula pointed out, it is easy for a spammer to become a member and
get a password.

Why not make the same thing as on the Chinese Bat! Discussion List: the
sender's email address (even in the sig) is abbreviated.

Take a look at a randomly chosen example:
http://www.egroups.com/group/chinese_bat/50.html?

(It's in English, don't worry.)

--

Cheers,
Thomas                             mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.36 Beta/4
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 1998
using a Celeron-MMX 366 Mhz, 128MB RAM