Hi all,

On Saturday, September 25, 1999, 11:27:43 AM (-5 GMT), Paula scribbled:

>> The problem with this, though I've already done this is that I can't
>> remove the address from previous posts that are archived and already on
>> the server. :)

> Well, I wouldn't worry about it too much. There are only a few messages
> up there which will quickly become diluted by the torrent of messages to
> the list.

I would hope so. What saved my ass with the newsgroup spammmers is that
the posts are eventually deleted from the server after a time so
spammers looking for e-mail addresses to spam no longer find mine.

Since putting Steve's antispam suggestion into effect, I see no spam in
my Inbox which does make me less concerned. I guess that in return for
using the internet and being a member of a discussion list is to expect
some spam.

>> Now you can see where I'm coming from. It took about four months after
>> removing my e-mail address for the spam to slow down to an average of
>> 2-3 per day. You're ISP is probably assisting you there.

> No, they're not. Spam does tend to be generated from certain types of
> NGs more than some others.

This is admittedly true and I clearly chose a bad one.

Thanks for the reassuring words.

--
Regards,
 -=Ali=-