Hi all,

On Thursday, September 30, 1999, 7:54:39 AM (-5 GMT), Alex scribbled:

OZ>> What  the  difference  between  'new'  and  'unread'?  How  TB! should
OZ>> distinguish between them?

> After getting of mail  all received messages become "new".
> After  next session all unread messages from previous session still be
> "unread", but "new" will be only messages, received in this session.

> Got it? ;-))

Well, we need a definition of what a session is.

Has a session ended when you close TB! and a new session starts when you
restart it?

Is a session ended and a new session started when new mail arrives?

Does a new session start with each check for new messages?

Does a session end when you declare it ended by hitting a switch or
something?

You see, you have to be more specific. Not everyone is on your
wavelength esp. with such an obscure wish.

Maybe you need a color codes for messages intended for reading but not
just yet and one could then add a switch in the context menus.

     Mark read                              /Mark all messages read
     Mark not read but for future reading   /Mark all unread messages not read but etc.
     Mark unread                            /Mark all messages unread.

Your proposal is more likely to cause confusion for others. It should be
a fully manual marker because of the dilemma with what exactly a session
is.

--
Regards,
 -=Ali=-