Hi all,

On Saturday, October 23, 1999, 5:00:37 AM (-5 GMT), Steve scribbled:

>> COOPERATE with TheBat the Newsreader. The TWO SEPARATE PROGRAMS
>> would

>     You mean like PMMail and PMINews?

Hey, I liked that combo in my OS/2 days. They were quite separate
products however. All they shared was an interface, very similar in
appearance to ease culture shock I guess.

>> Better than running two programs separately, IMHO.

>     Why!?  While they share some technical specifications they are handled
> quite differently.

They work differently. They were similar only with respect to basic
customization features.

>     There are plenty of combined applications out there.  If you
> really feel the need, please, use them.  Don't screw up this email
> client.  After having used 5 email clients extensively (IE, more
> than one continuos month at a shot) in my internet career (pine,
> pmmail/2, pmmail98, mutt, TB!) and evaluating damn near every other
> one I'd really like, just once, to have a client I like not have
> people push to have news in it.  Pine has it in it, mutt users have
> hacked it into it, PMMail/2 spawned PMInews (which flopped despite
> being a kick ass news reader)...

There's no doubt a tradeoff with the two in one combo and that's
functionality. I'm yet to meet the beast that does both as effectively
as two well developed specialized clients.

--
Regards,
 -=Ali=-

   >>> "Instant gratification takes too long." - Carrie Fisher <<<
 Using The Bat! 1.36 on Windows NT 4.0 (Service Pack 5)