Thursday, October 28, 1999

Hello Ralf,

Thursday, Thursday, October 28, 1999, you wrote:

Ralf> Dear Ali,

Ralf> you wrote on Thursday, October 28, 1999, 00:59:59:

Ralf> [snip]

>>> And every person on the list who has any inkling of the standards
>>> just gnashed their teeth greatly. You are aware that a 9Mb attachment
>>> will most likely not be accepted by any point along the way?

>> So it's perhaps deliberate sabotage? :))))))

Ralf> :-)

Ralf> Well, then why it doesn't tell me "Buddy, this attachment will
Ralf> most likely not be accepted  by any point along the way [OK] [Cancel]"?
Ralf> ;-) instead?
Some servers will say that if you use them... Normally the maximum is
set to 2 mb. At least thats what I do so you would get it direct back
as refused as outgoing mail...

Ralf> Joking aside, I think this is a bug and it looks to me like there is
Ralf> memory not properly being released or there is some other kind of memory
Ralf> leak. Doesn't leave me with much trust in the general stability of the
Ralf> program.
Memory leaks... well, I think it has them, but not sure if its on its
own or in cooperation with other software.
You may have mised the discussion last week which was about a similar
problem but with 15 mb BMP's being send...

Its not just you, if the sending does through it can cause problems on
the other side and if it bounces you get that same sized email back to
your mail box...

Ralf> Ralf.

Best regards,

tracer