Hi all,

On Monday, November 08, 1999, 6:53:33 PM (-5 GMT), Watcher scribbled:

>> Ctrl+Alt+drag will move folders in and out of subfolder positions.

>   I've been searching for that, where can I find all they keys
> available as well as the list of mouse combos?  I've been searching
> for the "go to next message" key and although I've found space and
> downarrow and rightarrow I'm looking for the "smart next key".  Does
> this key exist?  Where can I find docs so I don't have to flood this
> list with stupid questions like this?

There was a list of shortcuts posted here.

It seems as if it needs to be periodically posted.

Here it is and for those newbies who haven't yet gotten it.

--
Regards,
 -=Ali=-

   >>> As they say in Beirut, Shiite happens. <<<
                  LIST OF (UN)DOCUMENTED SHORTCUTS
                       FOR THE BAT V.1.35b1

                          Version 1.06b

 ___| Movements (windows, pages, rows) |______________________________

 o Alt+Up/Down                = scroll up/down to one row
 o Ctrl+S (*)  <-             = left to one character
 o Ctrl+D (*)  ->             = right to one character
 o Ctrl+A (*)  Ctrl+ <-       = word left
 o Ctrl+F (*)  Ctrl+ ->       = word right
 o Home                       = to the beginning of the row
 o End                        = to the end of the row
 o Ctrl+R (*)  PageUp         = up to one screen height
 o Ctrl+C (*)  PageDown       = down to one screen height
 o Ctrl+PageUp                = to the beginning of the page
 o Ctrl+PageDown              = to the end of the page
 o Ctrl+Q B (*)               = to the selection start
 o Ctrl+Q K (*)               = to the selection end
 o Ctrl+Home                  = to the beginning of the text
 o Ctrl+End                   = to the end of the text

 * That shortcut doesn't work

_____| Word |_________________________________________________________

 o Ctrl+[                     = uppercase the WORD
 o Ctrl+]                     = lowercase the word
 o Ctrl+\                     = change the register of the letters of a wORD
 o Ctrl+/                     = capitalize the Word

____| Blocks, Rows |__________________________________________________

 o Alt+J                      = justify the block or paragraph
 o Alt+R                      = align the block on right end
 o Alt+L                      = align the block on left end
 o Alt+C                      = align on center
 o Ctrl+O K                   = switch block type to stream
 o Ctrl+O C                   = switch block type to column
 o Ctrl+O L                   = switch block type to linear
 o Ctrl+K T                   = mark the current word
 o Ctrl+K L                   = mark the current row
 o Ins                        = toggle insert/overwrite mode
 o Ctrl+Del  Ctrl+K Y         = delete the block
 o Ctrl+Ins  Ctrl+K C  Ctrl+C
   Ctrl+Q C                   = copy the block to clipboard
 o Shift+Ins  Ctrl+K V Ctrl+V = paste the block from clipboard
 o Ctrl+K I                   = move the block to the right
 o Ctrl+K U (*)               = move the block to the right
 o Shift+Del Ctrl+X           = cut the block
 o Alt+Ins                    = paste the block as quotation
 o Ctrl+K B                   = mark the beginning of a block
 o Ctrl+K K                   = mark the end of a block
 o Ctrl+K H                   = toggle the mark of a block
 o Ctrl+K R                   = read the block from file
 o Ctrl+K W                   = write the block to a file
 o Ctrl+Y                     = delete the current line
 o Ctrl+Q Y                   = delete to the end of line
 o Ctrl+K n (n=0..9)          = place a position marker on the text
 o Ctrl+Q n (n=0..9)          = go to a marker
 o Enter                      = new row
 o Backspace  Ctrl+H          = delete character on the left
 o Del  Ctrl+G                = delete character on the right
 o Ctrl+T                     = delete the word after cursor
 o Ñtrl+Backspace             = delete the word before cursor
 o Alt+Backspace              = undo
 o Alt+mouse                  = column selection   DG
 o Shift+mouse                = stream selection
 o Ctrl+mouse                 = line selection

 The last two (not functional) keys in some shortcuts with 3 keys need
 to be pressed rather quickly.

 * That shortcut doesn't work

___| Search |_________________________________________________________

 o F7   Ctrl+F Ctrl+Q F
   F3 Ctrl+L                  = search for a string
 o Shift+F7   F3 Ctrl+L       = repeat the last search
 o Ctrl+F7   Ctrl+Q A         = search and replace
 o Alt+F7                     = reverse search

____| Message |_______________________________________________________

 o F2   Ctrl+Enter            = send message immediately
 o Shift+F2                   = save message in Outbox and exit editing
 o Ctrl+S                     = save message and continue editing
 o Ctrl+F2  Alt+F5            = save message as...
 o Alt+F2                     = save draft
 o Esc                        = cancel message

____| Utilities |_____________________________________________________

 o Ctrl+Q D                   = insert current date
 o Ctrl+Q T                   = insert current time
 o Alt+PgDn                   = attach UUE file
 o Alt+PgUp                   = attach MIME file
 o Ctrl+A                     = select all
 o F4                         = check spelling
 o Ctrl+F4                    = automatic checking

____| Miscellaneous |_________________________________________________

 o Shift+Enter                = address book
 while in From:, To:, etc

 o Alt+Enter
 Right mouse clk              = local menu
 while in From:, To:, etc

 o Ctrl+Alt+Enter             = next field from a history

 o Ctrl+Plus                  = complete the address from the address book
 while in From:, To:, etc

 o Arrows     Tab/Shift+Tab   = move to the another address field
 while in From:, To:, etc

 o Tab                        = move to the message edit window
 while in the last field
 (in Subject: )

 o Alt+Down                   = history of the field
 while in From:, To:, etc

 o Shift+Tab                  = move to the one of the From:, To:, etc field

 o Ctrl+Space                 = insert quick template

 Arrows=Up/Down/Left/Right

___| Messages |_______________________________________________________

 o Enter                      = open
 o Ctrl+Enter Ctrl+F5 Ctrl+R  = reply
 o Ctrl+Backspace             = find reply to the message
 o Ctrl+Shift+F5              = reply to all
 o Ctrl+F   Shift+F5          = forward
 o Ctrl+E   Ctrl+F6           = redirect
 o Shift+F6                   = re-post
 o Ctrl+C                     = copy to folder
 o Ctrl+V                     = move to folder
 o Ctrl+S   Alt+F5            = save the message as...
 o Del                        = delete
 o Ctrl+U                     = mark as unread
 o Ctrl+M                     = mark as read
 o Ctrl+J                     = park the message
 o Ctrl+D                     = unpark the message
 o Ctrl+]                     = move to the next unread message
 o Ctrl+[                     = move to the previous unread message

 o Ctrl+W                     = add sender to the address book
 o Ctrl+Shift+W               = add recipient to the address book
 o Ctrl+B                     = delete sender from the address book
 o Ctrl+Shift+B               = delete recipient from the address book
 o Ctrl+Shift+F               = create filter
 o Space                      = next page of the message
 o Alt+Up/Down                = scroll up/down to one row

 Sort by:
 o Ctrl+1                     = received time
 o Ctrl+2                     = creation time
 o Ctrl+3                     = size
 o Ctrl+4                     = from
 o Ctrl+5                     = to
 o Ctrl+6                     = subject
 o Ctrl+7                     = message flags
 o Ctrl+8                     = attachment presence
 o Ctrl+9                     = parking/draft flag
 o Ctrl+0                     = descending order

___| Threads |________________________________________________________

 o Plus/Minus   Ctrl+Space
   Shift+Space Alt+Space
               ^^^^^^^^^ with well-known effect :)
   Right Arrow/Left Arrow     = open/close the branch of the current thread in a
folder
 o Ctrl+Plus/Minus            = open/close all the branches of the current
                                thread in a folder
 o Ctrl+*                     = open all the branches of all threads in a folder

 o Ctrl+T                     = copy thread
 o Ctrl+Shift+V               = move thread
 o Ctrl+Shift+Del             = delete thread
 o Ctrl+Shift+M               = mark thread as read
 o Ctrl+Shift+U               = mark thread as unread

 o Alt+0                      = none
 o Alt+1                      = references
 o Alt+2                      = subject
 o Alt+3                      = from
 o Alt+4                      = to

___| Selections |_____________________________________________________

 o Ctrl+Up/Down               = message (de)selection
 o Ctrl+A                     = select all
 o Shift+Up/Down              = message selection
 o Shift+End                  = select from the cursor position to the
                                end (in EDITOR as well)
 o Shift+Home                 = select from the beginning to the
                                cursor position (in EDITOR as well)
 o Shift+PgUp                 = select from cursor position to the
                                beginning of the page (in EDITOR as well)
 o Shift+PgDn                 = select from the cursor position to the
                                end of the page (in EDITOR as well)
 o Shift+Ctrl+PgUp/PgDn/End/Home = that's a combination of previous shortcuts
 o Alt+Right/Left             = scroll right/left to one field

 o PgDn                       = up to one screen height
 o PgUp                       = down to one screen height
 o Home    Ctrl+K             = to the beginning of the message list
 o End                        = to the end of the message list

 the  last  4  ones can be used along with pressed Ctrl key - with the
 same result

Most of all shortcuts in the previous window work here as well.

 o Ctrl+Shift+Enter           = reply to all

 o F5  Ctrl+N                 = create new message
 o Ins                        = create new folder
 o Ctrl+Del                   = empty folder
 o Ctrl+Enter                 = properties
 o Ctrl+Up/Down               = folder scrolling

o Ctrl+O                      = open address book
o Ctrl+T                      = create new contact
o Ctrl+G                      = create new group
o Ctrl+X                      = cut
o Ctrl+C                      = copy
o Ctrl+V                      = insert
o Ctrl+Enter                  = properties
o Shift+Enter                 = create a message
o F5                          = refresh
o F7                          = LDAP search

 o Ctrl+Shift+A               = view log
 o Ctrl+Shift+H               = show/hide message header
 o Ctrl+Shift+K               = show/hide kludges
 o Ctrl+Shift+L               = show/hide log panel
 o Ctrl+Shift+M               = message auto-view
 o Ctrl+Shift+T               = mail ticker auto-view
 o Ctrl+Shift+O               = address auto-view

 o F7                         = message search
 o F8                         = address book
 o Ctrl+F12                   = set account access password
 o Ctrl+Shift+P               = account properties

 o F2                         = get new mail
 o Shift+F2                   = send queued mail
 o Alt+F2
           mouse click on
   Shift +                    = check mail for all accounts
           "Get new mail"

 o Shift+Alt+F2
           mouse click on
   Shift +                    = send queued mail from all accounts
           "Send queued mail"

 o Ctrl+Shift+F2              = dispatch all messages on server
 o Ctrl+F2                    = dispatch only new messages on server

 o Tab                        = to the next window (account tree,
                                message list window, message view window)
 o Ctrl+(Shift)+Tab           = to attach tabs

 o F10                        = menu
 o Alt+F10                    = local menu
 o Alt+F6                     = switch to another window

 o Alt+X                      = exit
 o Alt+F1                     = about

 o Alt+Ins                    = add a filtering string
 while in the Sorting Office

 ________________
 Mouse shortcuts:
 ----------------
 ALT+mouse click on a field
 (From:, To:, Subject:, etc)  = filter out all messages with the same
                                field (From:, To:, Subject:, etc)
 (Esc                         = undo that filter)

 Alt+mouse                    = change folder position DG
 ALT+CTRL+mouse               = move a folder inside another folder DG
 Ctrl+mouse                   = select a few messages (elective selection)
 Ctrl+drag'n'drop             = copy message

With  the  additions  from Dmitriy Gradskov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> and
"Garry V. Dorohin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>.