Monday, November 15, 1999

Hello Adam,

Monday, Monday, November 15, 1999, you wrote:

Adam> Welcome,

Adam> about wincih.. i killed wincih that was in memory with kill_cih.exe
Adam> ant then tried to check it with nocih.exe. It says that my memory is
Adam> infected with wincih... so the file nocih.exe must be infected... all
Adam> right.. anyone knows some good anti-wincih program? I have
Adam> cleanich.exe , kill_cih.exe and nocih.exe . It would be nice if this
Adam> program would check all the places, where virus can be (memory, disk)
Adam> .... or just a good program working in dos mode... `cause cleancih
Adam> doesn`t find anything...

Adam> /    Adam     +       [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://www.wkrotce.pl     \
Adam> | "Chiquita"  | IRC: G_ADam   @#zielonka   #klub  #radiostacja     |
Adam> \ Gołębiowski + PGP key: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?subject=SEND%20PGP /

In your case I would either get a good antivirus program (and that
means NOT MCAFEE or NORTON) and run them to clean your system up.
The real problem is that my preferred way to fumigate a virus is to
remove the drive from the system with the problem and move it to my
own (g) as thats where I have all my antivirus tools and its properly
protected. It also means there is nothing in memory from booting a
customers hard disk up.

I have good experiences with AVP (Ie antivirus toolkit pro) in
cleaning up  this virus and its damage so have a look at www.avp.com
or the Russian equiavelent.
Now a problem is that I think but am not sure that the unregistered
version deletes but not fixes files... I cannot remember as mine was
registered...

anyway, that system of yours needs proper attention and cleanout
before you get permanent damage.
remember that there is a strain going off April 26 (I think),every 26th,
one next month on the 25th and very likely as the virus will not be 2000 complient
(!) it may go off jan 1st.

What you are doing now is just causing more damage and you risk all
your data or the hardware. Especially as most shops find it much
easier to replace and sell a new computer then trying to rescue your
data (asuming they know how to....).
Anyway, attached a small cleaner (and yes I know, nothing to do with
the bat !!).
Ali, I know(g), but keep the thing remembering we all can get that
virus so a little thing like this can save your computer.
Its written by the same programmer who wrote Spinrite , a famous disk
testing repair tool.

Best regards,

tracer

Using theBAT 1.37 Beta/2