Wednesday, November 24, 1999, 3:19:43 PM, Ali wrote:
> <chuckle>  Those hilarious responses to Thomas, Paula and now this???

    Hey, just because I'm a self-proclaimed curmudgeon doesn't mean I don't
have a sense of humor.  :P

> I dislike autocompletion. My experience with it has been uniformly
> poor. It's a nightmare of assumptions!! I'm amazed that you actually
> use it. :) IE is horrible with it as well. It just gets in my way.
> Anyway, I use Opera mostly now so....

    Well, not entirely.  I am lazy, all power users of computers are.  What
makes the CLI bearable is the tab-completion.  Autocompletion is basically the
same thing, it just does it real time.  Annoying, yeah, but not as much as it
is useful when the data it is drawing from is good.  Having names matched with
the wrong address and completing strings which represent several addresses,
however, represents bad data.