On Wednesday, December 01, 1999, Ali Martin wrote:

> I don't see the advantage either. I think the present implementation
> is an attempt to make things clearer but they have, to me, done the
> opposite. :( The filter manager should, IMHO, be just like the address
> book in design. ...

Despite Douglas' problems with Calypso, it has a lovely filtering
system. All of what you mentioned is accomplished in a simpler and more
elegant manner. A single filter, for example, can be set to apply to
both incoming and outgoing messages. Filters can run automatically, of
course, but can also be picked off a quickly accessible list to run at
any time and much more -  very nice implementation. TB started with
an awkward construct and now they are probably stuck with for the sake
of backward compatibility, unfortunately, but they certainly can
improve, and I'm sure they will.

--
Paula Ford
The Bat! 1.36 (reg)