Hi there!

On 27 Nov 99, at 15:04, Paula Ford wrote
    about "Re: Activating only certain filters":

> > This filtering structure can be _partially_ mimicked with TB, but not
> > in its entirety:-( OTOH, it proved to be very useful for me, hence
> > I'll probably think *very* hard before leaving it for something
> > else...
>
> Not to defend TB's filtering approach, but I don't see anything in your
> description that you can't do with TB. The difference would be that TB
> moves read messages when read rather than on 'closing' the folder, and
> if you wanted to keep the messages in the folder until you were done
> reading all messages, you could set the rule to manual and re-filter.

The only problem is filtering *any* folder, not only  Inbox, on it's
_opening_:-) I'm using this approach now and then, you see:-)
Note, that most of the time I would like to filter *both* read and
unread messages in such a situation, hence... with TB it comes
to be a bit tricky... Okay, anyhow I'll bet we have to look at the
long-expected ver.2 prior to proceed with this interesting
discussion:-))

BTW, colour filtering is another option that i miss in the current
TB...

SY, Alex
(St.Petersburg, Russia)
--
Thought for the day:
  Assumption is the mother of all screwups

---
PGP public keys on keyservers:
0xA2194BF9 (RSA);   0x214135A2 (DH/DSS)
fingerprints:
F222 4AEF EC9F 5FA6  7515 910A 2429 9CB1 (RSA)
A677 81C9 48CF 16D1 B589  9D33 E7D5 675F 2141 35A2 (DH/DSS)
---