Hello Rob,

Saturday, January 01, 2000, 11:45:08 AM, you wrote:

R> what's the problem with the dictionaries

Well, if I choose the built-in British Dictionary, almost every word I
type  has the wavy red line under it... it's almost as if there are no
words  at all in the British Dictionaries database. Spellling mistakes
like  this  are  caught,  but  the  suggested word is "Telling" of all
things. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it's suggested
list of alternate words.

I  must  having  something  amiss  in  my  installation,  because this
wouldn't  be  tolerated  by  anyone,  but  I don't know what I've done
wrong, or how to correct the problem.

Right  now,  I  have  to go back and correct almost 98% of the words I
just  typed,  because  they have those wavy red lines underneath them.
Very  frustrating indeed!! What is worse, is that it doesn't even pick
up the REAL spelling mistakes most of the time.

Nick